Monday, April 7, 2014

South Shore Half Marathon

Me with my neighbor, best mother runner, Paula just before the run started.

So back in January, I had time to read through my running club newsletter.  I had seen in the past that they host a challenge and they are doing it again this year.  The challenge is to complete 8 of 9 races they host starting in January and ending in November.  (They host and sponsor many races, there are 9 specific races to choose from for this challenge!). I got out my calendar and there was only a conflict with the November race!!!!  I was in!!!!!

So Saturday April 5, was the first of the races/runs in this challenge.  It was tough but I had my Best Running Friend with me every step of the way.  

*Side note: I started physical therapy on my hip/leg last week.  If you didn't know, I pulled something in my butt last summer.  I vowed, in February, to get it figured out and found a place...FINALLY!  So I am doing my exercises and the therapist adjusted something in my right hip, that I probably messed up on Saturday!

I have always said that you learn something at every race.  This time I relearned that I really need to follow a training plan!  Paula was kind enough to stay with me for the entire race, we crossed the finish together- IT WAS AWESOME!  Then we had to crawl up a hill and hobble back to our car!  We are both sore still today.  Lesson learned by both of us.

For not training and being injured, I am proud to say we finished in 2 hours and 11 minutes. And I have my first run of the challenge completed!  Woo hoo!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.